FireHydrant supports automated Webex bridge creation via our Webex Meetings integration. The Webex integration is available to all FireHydrant paid subscribers.
Configuring Webex integration
Note: To configure FireHydrant’s Webex Meetings integration requires a Webex administrator and a user with a FireHydrant owner role. FireHydrant recommends creating the Webex integration using a generic admin account Webex user to prevent potential problems arising from a Webex admin’s departure and subsequent account decommissioning.
- From the Integrations page, locate the Webex tile and select the + icon to add the integration.
- Click Authorize Application. This will take you to a Webex login page.
- Provide the Webex credentials. FireHydrant recommends using a generic Webex admin account. Click Sign In.
Automating Webex meeting link creation
You can automate Webex Meetings link creation through Runbooks by adding a Webex runbook step.
- From a new or existing Runbook, choose Add Step.
- From the Runbook step dialog, find the Webex section and select Create a Webex meeting step. Configurable options include the following. Dynamic templating variables are supported in text fields.
- Meeting title
- Meeting agenda
- Enable joining before the host (Yes/No)
- Enable auto recording of meeting (Yes/No)
- Optionally, enter the execution rules for the runbook step under Conditions & scheduling.
- Next click Add Step.
- If it’s a new Runbook, enter the Name, and optionally Description and Owner team. Specify the Execution rules.
- Click Save Runbook.
When the Runbook step is launched during an incident, a Webex Meetings link will appear: