How to create a Task list
Task lists help ensure integrity in your incident response. With Tasks lists, you can create predefined tasks for your responders to reduce cognitive load during an incident. When used during an incident, each list item will be assigned as a separate task.
To create a task list, navigate to Incident response > Task management in the Web UI.
Click “+ Create a Task list”
- Each Task list requires a unique name. Adding a description will also help provide context for the purpose of this task list.
- To add a task in your task list, click “+ Add a task”
- Enter the task name and description. Select Save task to add this task to the list.
- A task list must have at least one task before it can be saved.
- When you are done, you can save the task list to view all the tasks.
How to use Task Lists
Add a Task List to a runbook step
- Go to Runbooks
- Select “Add a task list"
- Want to assign the task list to a role? Be sure to use the Rule: Incident Assigned roles includes all of [role].
If you want to have the task list populate an incident channel then you should also select the rule the execute after the incident channel step has been created.