If you haven't already, configure your Google Docs integration.
Exporting Retrospectives to Google Docs with Runbooks
You can automate Google Docs retrospective export through a Runbook. To add a Google Docs export step:
- From a Runbook, choose Add Step.
- From the Runbook step dialog, find the Google Docs section and select Export Retrospectives to Google Docs step.
- Optionally, modify the Runbook step name, retro name, and retro format. Liquid templating and basic markdown are supported.
- Check that the Runbook step Conditions and scheduling settings are configured per your requirements.
Note: In setting runbook execution conditions, keep in mind that for the export to Google Docs runbook step to successfully execute, the step must run after the retrospective has started.
Valid options include:
- Automatically execute the step when the Current milestone is Retrospective Started.
- Automatically execute the step when the Current milestone is Retrospective Completed.
- Execute manually.
- When you are finished configuring the step, click Add Step.
- Save the Runbook.
In order for the Runbook step to execute (as conditional automation or manually executed), the retrospective must be started. Upon export, it may take a few minutes for the retrospective export to render in Google Docs. Once the export is complete, a link to the exported document will appear at the top of the retrospective page.
Exported retrospectives are stored in a folder named FireHydrant Retrospectives at the Google Drive root of the user who authorized the integration.