In some instances, you may need a private communication channel during an incident. For example, if a large-scale incident occurs and you need to coordinate information among incident commanders—but not among the other members of your team—opening a private Slack channel for the incident is a best practice.
Runbook setup for private Slack channels
You can create a private Slack channel by using a Runbook step.
- In the FireHydrant left nav, go to Runbooks.
- Click the name of the Runbook where you want to add the step.
- In the Runbook Edit page, under Available Steps, click Slack.
- From the Slack options, next to Create Incident Channel, click Add.
- In the Create Incident Channel step, from the Channel Visibility dropdown, select Private.
For a general overview on Runbooks, see this article.